Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Somewhere, Someday , Somehow....


Somewhere, Someday , Somehow....

By: Mark Patrick Metante


Why do I have to part while the love was still there? Why do I have to cry? Why do beginnings have an end? Why do I have to meet you only to loose in the end? There are questions left unanswered, words unsaid, letters left unread, poems read undone and promises left unfulfilled. In a relationship one of the hardest things to do is saying goodbye and letting go. It is as hard as breaking a crystal because you’ll never know when you will be able to pick up the pieces again. More often than not, they who go feel not the pain of parting; it is they who stay behind that suffer because they are left with the memories of a love that was never meant to be, a love that never was.  At the beginning and at the end of those emotions I am embarrassed to find myself alone. Unfair as it may seem but that’s how the way love goes. That’s the drama, the bitter, sweet and the risk of falling in love. After all, nothing is constant but change. Everything will come to its end without even knowing when, how and why and I have to forget, not because I want to, but because I must.  In letting go, sorrows come not as a single spy but in a battalion. It seems that everywhere I go, everything I do, every song I hear, every turn of my head, every move of my body, every beat of my heart, every wink of my eye and every breath I take reminds me of you. It’s like a stub of a knife a torture in the night. Funny! How the whole world becomes populated when only one person is missing. Imagine, there are billions of people on earth and it seems I feel lonely and empty without you. I don’t know if it is worth calling an art, but letting go entails special skills, sparkle with a considerable time and space. Time heals all wounds but it takes a little push in my part. Indeed acceptance plays a vital role. Uhmmmm… now I know that not all wishes do come true, and not all love stories have a happy ending. Sometimes I have to go away because of the circumstances beyond my control. I have to suffer if it would mean happiness for you. I have to cry temporarily to let go of pains. Every beginning has an end, like every dawn has its dust. It’s something I can’t control and escape; it’s something I have to live up with.  It’s over now, you’re about to leave but life has to go on. Goodbye doesn’t mean forever. There will always be a place where questions will be answered, words will be spoken, and letters will be read, poems will be recited in the night, song will be sung in harmony, love will be expressed in solitude and promises will be fulfilled. Somewhere, Somehow, Someday…

No comments:

Post a Comment